Humans are crafted beautifully and in an organized way by the Creator. Every part of our body has a specific use and they work in a systematic way according to their purpose. And when it comes to hair, it adds treasure to our beauty. Thus, it needs some care. However, present fast competitive life has encircled us with so many difficult stuff, that we even forget to care about our health. This ongoing stressful era has numerous adverse impacts on our hair (and on different internal and external parts of our body too). Hairfall is a major issue nowadays and it is high time that we should find some effective remedies to solve it out. However, excessive hair loss is referred to as baldness and the medical term allotted to hair loss is alopecia.
If you are also suffering from hair problem and want some powerful remedies to eradicate the issue from the root, then you landed at the right place. Stay stick to the article until the end to know the productive remedies to get rid of the pathetic situation.
Causes of Hair fall :
There are different types of hair loss and thus, several hair shedding causes too. Typically, a person loses 100 hairs a day on an average. However, it gets unnoticed because of the growth of new hair strands at the same time. And when this cycle of growth and shedding of hair does not function properly, or the hair follicles are destroyed and replaced with scar tissues, the hair loss starts at this point adversely. The most common causes behind hair loss on normal unscarred scalp skin are quoted hereunder:
- Any sort of internal disease or disorder, such as cancer or intake of unhealthy foodstuffs, that is, adopting an improper diet can be potential reasons for a heavy hairball.
- More often, hair may simply fall due to pre-determined genetic factors and the overall aging process. It has been noticed that mild physiological thinning has been started from the 30s and 40s, means at the adult stage.
- Illness, emotional trauma, protein deprivation, hormonal changes and their influence during pregnancy, puberty, and menopause and other such life vicissitudes act as the effective cause of hair fall.
- Various pathetic health conditions such as thyroid, iron deficiency known as anemia and secondary syphilis are also counted as crucial causes behind excessive hair loss.
There are some effective factors too that initiate hair fall :
- Hereditary hair loss (family history) — The most common cause of hair fall is a hereditary condition. This condition is termed as male pattern baldness in males and female pattern baldness in females. It proceeds with aging in a predictable pattern which involves the formation of receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning of hair in women.
- Typhoid hair loss — During Typhoid, lots of antibiotics are given to the patients. These antibiotics are essential to eliminate all the pathogenic bacteria present inside the body. At the same time, these antibiotics destroy the essential nutrients from the body too that are tremendously helpful in the growth of hairs. Thus, typhoid also act as a potential cause behind hairfall
- Diabetes hair loss — Diabetes affects normal hair growth cycle. Lack of insulin builds up excess sugar in the blood. This excess sugar damages blood vessels as well as the whole body including eyes, nerves, and kidneys. Damaged blood vessels fail to transport enough oxygen to hair follicles causing intense hair fall.
- Stress related to hair loss — Stress and hair fall are interrelated. Stress makes hair follicles inactive and pushes them into resting mode. Moreover, due to severe stress, the body’s immune system attacks the hair follicles causing a great amount of hair fall.
- Medications and supplements — Side effects of certain drugs consumed to treat various hazardous diseases such as cancer, arthritis, cardiac issues, depression, gout, high blood pressure, etc. act as potential hair shedding causes. Hot oil treatments and permanents are the basic causes behind the inflammation of hair follicles causing hair loss. And the worst part is the appearance of scars which clearly indicates permanent hair loss.
- Certain hairstyles — Excessive hairstyling which involves tightening of hairs such as pigtails, cornrows, tight buns, rolling or twisting through hot iron electrical devices, tight buns and so on causes a specific type of hair fall known as traction alopecia.
Risk factors for hair fall :
A huge number of risk factors influence hair loss. Some of them include :
- Weight loss
- Family baldness
- Certain medical conditions such as diabetes, lupus, etc.
Symptoms of hair fall :
Hairfall symptoms can be noticed through various signs depending upon the different causes. Hair loss may be permanent or temporary. Here are some signs and symptoms that would easily indicate you about the phenomenon previous to its occurrence :
- Thinning of the top hair on the head — This is the most common symptom of hairfall both in men and women. The thinning starts from the tip of the forehead making an M-shaped structure in men and broadening of the middle part of the women. You can also see a receding hairline. A horseshoe-shaped pattern is also found at the crown of the head.
- Circular or patchy bald spots — Smooth circular coin-sized circular patches are found on the scalp indicating the sign of hair fall.
- Loosening of a gross quantity of hair — Due to emotional shock or stress, a handful of hair comes out during washing, combing or even a soft tugging. This makes your hair thinner and thinner incessantly.
- Scaling patches over the scalp — Scaling patches caused as an outcome of ringworm. Broken hair, redness, swelling, oozing, etc. are accompanied by ringworm.
Some general symptoms include the presence of hair on the pillow after getting up from the bed, or hair on soap while bathing, or an itchy scalp and so on.
Tips to reduce hair fall :
Here are some easy tips to control hairfall :
- Adopt a healthy diet to fulfill the excessive requirements of vitamins (especially biotin, Vitamin A, and Vitamin – B12 ) and minerals by the hair. Consume healthy foodstuffs such as green leafy vegetables, mango, papaya, milk, milk products, beans, cabbage, nuts, etc.
- Follow a diet rich in protein which includes lentils, cottage cheese, dried beans, and milk. Consumption of protein-rich diet is one of the best hair fall control tips as it potentially promotes hair growth keeping them healthy and curbs hair loss.
- Drink at least eight to twelve glasses of water to keep your hairs hydrated and healthy.
- Message your scalp from time to time with essential oils, especially castor oil, to activate hair follicles and intact the moisture inside the hair.
Apart from these,
- Apply hair balm or hair mask,
- Clean hair with shampoo correctly,
- Avoid hot water,
- Avoid combing wet hair,
- Avoid blow drying,
- Avoid smoking,
- Avoid chemicals,
- Get a perfect sleep,
- Use a cap when introduced in sunlight,
- Use scarf, or a handkerchief before wearing a helmet,
- Try to be carefree and avoid stress as much as possible. For this you can also practice yoga or meditation.
- Avoid sleeping with your hair down.
And many more.
Effective home remedies
There are numerous natural remedies for treating hair fall. All we need to do is to adopt the necessary habits or activities, understand what causes hair to grow and avoid the negative elements. Some of the natural home remedies are mentioned hereunder :
- Aloe vera: Extract the pulp of aloe vera from the stalk. Wash your hair and then massage all over the scalp in circular motions with the pulp. Leave it for fifteen minutes and then rinse with cold water. Try this remedy for at least thrice a week and get nourished hairs with balanced pH levels.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry): Amla is highly rich in Vitamin C and strengthens the hair follicles. Boil dried Amla with coconut oil until it turns black. Allow it to cool and massage your hair with this oil afterward. Keep it for twenty minutes and then shampoo your hair. Apply this formula twice a week.
- Green tea: Put two green tea bags in hot water and let it cool. After cooling, apply this solution as an after-shampoo conditioner by messaging and rinsing gently at the same time. Repeat the process twice a week and get excellent nourished hairs.
- Onion juice: Onion is highly rich in Sulphur and thus accelerates blood circulation to the hair follicles and fight against scalp infections. Extract onion juice, dip and soak a cotton ball in it and apply all over the scalp. Leave it undisturbed for 20-30 minutes and then wash gently with a mild shampoo. For better results, apply this remedy once a week.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk is brimmed with proteins, fats, and minerals like potassium and provides excellent growth to the hairs. First, grate the coconut and squeeze out its milk. Apply the coconut milk all over the scalp and cover your head with a towel. Leave it as it is. After 20 minutes remove the towel and wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
Besides, Neem leaves, Coconut oil, Fenugreek seeds (methi), Honey and Greek yogurt, Beetroot juice, and many other such hair growing substances work efficiently when applied in a correct procedure in this context.